This is a good question, and I think even us don’t have a clear answer.
We try to offer the best experience to our users. And the best experience is an integrated experience. It means you have the same login/pass for your different applications for instance.
the setup is now really nice with https://cloud.indie.host and https://mail.indie.host.
You have an interface to manage your domain name, and email account. These accounts get access to the cloud also. So it is kind of nice.
It is not yet linked to the group you administer. We are currently working on integrating with ldap which would fix this kind of issues.
But I still understand the fact that people want their own Cloud, to install their own plugin, and be at home, with their own theme.
We need to also offer an integrated experience to them.
For now, How I see things:
- basic: you get one account with cloud/email
- personal: you get one account with cloud/email with your domain
- organisation: you get an interface to admin people under your domain.
Then for organisation there are 2 options:
- either you use the shared instance, and in this case, everything is configured for you and well wired, so it is really simple to use.
- or you want your own instance, and in this case, you have to do the wiring yourself. so you have more freedom.
In the future, we’ll work more on the organisation part to ease this.
If you have any feedback on this, please let me know